Allied Van Lines has released its annual Magnet States Report on the State of Migration in 2019. The report highlights migration data and shows relocation trends that occurred throughout the United States this year. Here is a summary of the 2019 findings.
- The top five move destination states ranked in order were: Florida, Texas, California, Arizona, and North Carolina.
- Florida was the number one destination state for the sixth year in a row. Moving trends suggest that thanks to its warm weather, affordable housing options, no state income tax, and overall low cost of living, Florida continues to be a an excellent move choice among Americans.
- Austin, Texas was the top destination city. It is also the fastest growing city in the country.
- The number one city for corporate relocations was Houston, TX. Houston is also the nation’s most diverse city.
- June was the most popular month to relocate in 2019.
- The most popular day of the week to move in 2019 was Friday.
The data collected this year suggests that overall, Americans continue to move south at a faster rate than in other directions. It also suggests that Texan cities are growing at a more rapid pace than urban centers in other parts of the country. If you are considering moving your home or business in 2020, you may wish to consider some of these flourishing locations. Also keep in mind that moving in the month of June, or on a Friday could potentially cause inflated rates due to volume demand. Try and avoid these busy relocation times. And lastly, if you need to hire a moving company, consider Reebie Storage and Moving Company. We offer a variety of long distance moving and storage solutions to help you get to where you need to go.
You can check out the entire Magnet States Report here.