Spring is full in bloom, with summer right around the corner. This is the most popular time of the year to buy a home or put your house on the market. A few touch-up projects can go a long way if you are putting your house up for sale. Plus, with all of the extra time spent at home because of the pandemic, you’ll be sure to get a lot done this season. Here are some home improvement projects that you can do if you’re preparing for a spring move or settling into a new home.
Improvement Projects for Selling a House
• Replace old appliances – if your home appliances are outdated, it may be a good investment to get new ones. Buyers like to see new refrigerators, ovens, and sinks because it adds value to their purchase.
• Paint the walls – a fresh coat of paint will go a long way. Choose a neutral color to go with buying trends. Realtors suggest whites, off-whites, and greys.
• Clean and organize – if you’re still living at home during showings, make sure all of the spaces in your housed are nice and organized. Pay special attention to storage spaces such as the basement, attic, and garage.
• Touch-up the yard – keep the lawn cut, weed the mulch beds, and maybe even plant some flowers to make the property look its best.
Improvement Projects for a New Home
• Finish unpacking – it’s easy to procrastinate the unpacking process. Take this time to organize the rooms of the house that maybe you’ve been avoiding, like the attic or the garage!
• Paint the walls – a lot of realtors suggest that sellers paint the walls of their house neutral colors, so if you have just moved in, paint the walls with your own taste.
• Start a garden – this time of year is perfect for planting.
Contact Reebie Storage & Moving Company today to get started on your spring move estimate.